When we hear from show managers about their biggest event challenges the recurring theme is: How to grow attendance, getting more exhibitors, getting attendees, building event traffic, attracting larger number of quality attendees.
Modern Tradeshow Intelligence
Attract the right traffic to your booth – before the show. Here are a few easy ways:
- Offer incentives like special show pricing, access to exclusive research or information, or an in-booth gift.
- Send eBlasts to the preshow mailing list inviting them to your booth.
- Announce incentives on your website, the event Facebook page, blogs, twitter page and LinkedIn groups.
- Release a free press release about your participation at the show. There are plenty of free press release distribution sites like freepressrelease.com.
- Use direct mail in a creative way.
- Your salespeople should contact local prospects to set up appointments and see if they are attending your industry show.
- Qualify the recipient with your copy: For example: “Announcing an easy new accounting package for small businesses.” this way only those interested will stop by, weeding out tire kickers. Your booth signage should be laser focused as well.
Bonus idea: Print up stickers with your booth number and the name, date, and city of the tradeshow. In the months before the event, affix the stickers to all kinds of communications invoices, letters, packages, whatever you can think of. Provide each salesperson with a batch of stickers, too.
Topics: Increase Traffic at Events
Key to increasing attendance at your tradeshow is understanding why people attend your show in the first place. You need to understand why attending your show would benefit your potential audience.